This workbook guide has taken inspiration from the 1-2-1 Flower Growing workshops we teach at the plot. It's for anyone wanting to learn how to start their journey into cut flower growing and give them the information they need to get on the right track without having to go through the steep learning curve we experienced through the first years of cut flower growing. This workbook has been adapted and updated to give you a really comprehensive guide at how to get going with growing your own cut flowers!
In this beginners guide, you will learn:
- How to plan your space and prepare your area, whatever its size
- The basic groupings of different plant types and those which are best suited as cut flowers
- Which plants flower in which seasons
- A full step by step guide from sowing your seeds to cutting your flowers
- Our favourite things to grow and when to grow them
- A year in the life of our plot - a great reference for knowing what to do if you're a bit stuck
- Tips on sustainable gardening practices
- A list of all our favourite seed and plant sellers
- A list of all our favourite books and resources to help along the way
I am currently offering this guide free of charge to those in the NHS. Please send me and email on firstname.lastname@example.org if this is you and I will send you a voucher.