Wed, 23 Aug|
Create Your Own Wedding Flowers
Spend a day at my studio learning how to create your own wedding flowers. You will come away with the skills to make a bridal and bridesmaid bouquet, two different types of table centre and a buttonhole, along with styling tips, timing advice and colour scheme ideas.
Time & Location
23 Aug 2023, 12:30 – 17:30
Foolow, Foolow, Eyam, Hope Valley S32 5QA, UK
About The Event
Welcome to my one-day masterclass workshop, "Create Your Own Wedding Flowers." In this unique experience, I invite you to immerse yourself in the world of floral design while celebrating the natural beauty of British seasonal flowers. Guided by me, I will share the techniques and skills I have honed over 10 years in the wedding industry as I show you the art of creating stunning arrangements and bouquets that perfectly capture the essence of your special day. Let your creativity blossom as you explore the vast array of colors, scents, and textures that British blooms have to offer.
What will the day include?
- Introduction to British Seasonal Flowers: I will talk you through the charm and diversity of flowers that are available locally during each season and we will learn about the sustainable benefits of choosing seasonal blooms for your wedding.
- Flower Selection and Care: I will then discuss with you how to source your flowers, what things you might want to select for a particular time of year. We will also focus on how to properly handle and care for your cut flowers to ensure their freshness and longevity throughout your day.
- Styling and Colours: I will give a presentation on colours and styles so you can work out what style you’re going for and what sorts of flowers you might want to be choosing. I will be able to offer personalized guidance and tips to bring your vision to life, discussing innovative ways to make your wedding flowers unique and reflective of your personal style. This will include vessels, props and accessories.
- Practical Flower Work: I will demonstrate how to make a spiral hand tied bouquet, before you then make your own. Afterwards we will run through the different table centre and table styling options through demonstrations by me. The practical work will finish with buttonhole making.
- Budget, Costing and Stems: I will share the most cost-effective and creative ways to make the most of your floral budget as well as discussing the recipes I use for the main elements of the day so you can calculate how many stems you will need. I will also share some of my top tips for repurposing and flowers throughout your wedding day.
A worksheet to plan you wedding flowers will also be provided.
There will be time for questions throughout the day.
DIY Wedding Flowers
Create your own wedding flowers£325.00